Automatic Pool Covers & Safety Pool Fences
- We have over 30 years of innovative design and craftsmanship resulting in some of the most spectacular and safe swimming pools. See our Gallery to view some of these pools.
- We are referred by more swimming pool contractors, pool supply stores, and pool service professionals in the areas we serve than any of our competitors. Many of these professionals are considered to be the best in their respective fields.
- Due to years of providing high quality service and products, we enjoy a good reputation among industry leaders and customers. Much of our business results from happy customers referring us to their friends. We encourage you to review our testimonials.
- Poolsafe partners with industry leaders in quality to bring you the best products available for automatic pool covers and removable pool fences.
- We can repair and improve any pool cover system that needs repair because of outdated product and old technology.
- We have a more complete company structure than most of our competitors with certified technicians, full-time office staff, and in-home safety consultants to ensure the highest quality installations and service. We are not the typical one-man operation.
- Poolsafe is fully licensed and insured, unlike some companies that try to cut corners leaving the homeowner vulnerable.
What are your office hours?
Our normal office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Our Safety Consultants are available to meet in-home to determine your product options. Our technicians serve customers during extended hours to ensure that we provide optimal service.
Poolsafe observes the following holidays: New Years, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Our office will also close early on Christmas Eve, New Years Eve, and the day before/after Thanksgiving.
How long does it take to install an automatic pool cover or a removable pool fence?
An automatic pool cover can normally be installed in one day, but for new pool construction the installation process may be spread out to accommodate requirements of different phases of construction.
A removable pool fence is normally installed within one day, ranging from a couple of hours to an all-day project depending on the amount of fence being installed.
What payment methods are accepted?
Many customers pay by check or with cash but we also accept MasterCard and Visa.
Do you offer an extended warranty or maintenance program?
We offer a service contract that extends the warranty on new systems and provides required maintenance and cleanings to help eliminate those urgent calls and to keep your system running smoothly all year long. Call today and inquire about our cover cleaning and basic system maintenance packages.
Are the wrinkles in my replacement fabric normal?
A new fabric commonly has wrinkles, which is a result of extra fabric that is calculated based on the size of your pool cover. Many customers don’t remember their old cover originally having extra fabric, but that is the way automatic pool covers have been designed since they were invented 40 years ago. The extra slack is intentional because it compensates for shrinkage over time, reduces operational stress, allows for variances in water elevations, and ensures that the fabric rests directly on the water for maximum safety and other benefits.
Regardless of the manufacturer, all automatic pool covers are made wider than the width of the track. A fabric that is too tight will not work properly, especially when water level fluctuates. It is very common to see wrinkles and/or folds throughout the pool cover when the cover crosses over the pool.
What can I do to get the best life out of my pool cover fabric and system?
Like any mechanical product, regular maintenance goes a long way in keeping your pool cover system in good condition. Maintenance might include but is not limited to:
- Regularly hose out the track where the fabric slides when the pool cover is in the open position
- Vacuum out the housing
- Protect the system (including ropes, edging and fabric) from rodents by using poison, moth balls and etc.
- Check and keep drains flowing
- Oil moving parts on the mechanism
- Keep the fabric clean by washing with a mild non-abrasive detergent soap and thoroughly rinse a minimum of twice per year. Never apply a silicone base protectant like Armor- All
- Check the integrity of the fabric for safety twice a year minimally.