Our pool covers come with a touch pad to open and close your cover. We include our touch pads as a standard part of our pool cover system, not an “upgrade” that you have to pay extra for. There are many benefits of having a touchpad for your swimming pool versus a key switch. Here are just a few.
- You have a 4-digit code to activate your touch pad so you don’t always need to try and find your pool cover key to open your cover. In fact, a lot of people just leave their key in the key switch, so they don’t loose it, making a swimming pool cover less safe.
- The touchpad’s code is programmable so you can easily change the code if you find out someone learned of your code and you no longer want them to have access to your pool. Or if you have a house sitter while you are on vacation, you can program a code while they are there so they can use your pool cover, and then change the code when you get back to restrict access.
- Our pool cover system touchpad is backlit making it very easy to use if you need to operate your cover after dark. Simply touch any of the buttons and it illuminates the buttons for easy use. No holding up cell phone lights or a flashlight to find the keyhole.
- Our touchpad also has a “torque limit” adjustability that allows the installer to set the motor to turn off when it gets too much resistance. This allows you to see what obstacle may be impeding your pool cover’s operation and allow you to address the issue avoiding damage to your swimming pool cover system.
- Our pool cover touchpad can also help trouble shoot if your cover won’t operate. With a key switch, you turn the key, if your cover won’t run, you need a Technician unless you are familiar with electrical diagnosis. With a touchpad, if it illuminates then you at least know you have power. If you enter a code and it flashes red, then you didn’t enter the correct code. If your touchpad light turns green after entering the code and then turns red when you start to operate the cover, you may have something impeding the pool covers operation. Our touchpad allows you to easily diagnose basic electrical issues.
This is just a few of the reasons our touchpads are superior to a key switch. Simply put, there are many many reasons our touchpads are an “upgrade” over a key switch, and it comes as a standard feature of our automatic pool cover systems.